Rivendell is a complete radio broadcast automation solution, with facilities for the acquisition, management, scheduling and playout of audio content. It has all of the features one would expect in a modern, fully-fledged radio automation system, including support for both PCM and MPEG audio encoding, full voicetracking and log customization as well as support for a wide variety of third party software and hardware. As a robust, functionally complete digital audio system for broadcast radio applications, Rivendell uses industry standard components like the GNU/Linux Operating System, the AudioScience HPI Driver Architecture and the MySQL Database Engine. Rivendell is available under the GNU Public License. Further design details are available here.
Features and benefits:
- A complete GPL’ed radio automation system.
- Designed for efficient on-air use, with large, touchscreen-friendly controls.
- Up to three full automation logs may be operated from a single computer.
- Extensive support for live assist environments, with multiple SoundPanel arrays available at the touch of a finger.
- All configuration is done by means of point and click interfaces — *no* arcane configuration files to edit!
- Support for both PCM16 and MPEG Layer 2 audio formats (MPEG Layer 2 support requires the use of select sound cards available from AudioScience Inc.).
- Full support for both analog and AES3 digital audio interfaces, using high-quality audio adapters manufactured by AudioScience Inc. and the JACK Audio Connection Kit.
- Designed by radio broadcasters, for radio broadcasters.
- Completely free and open — no dongles, unlock codes, software keys or other arbitrary limitations.
Im World Wide Web